Experts in Hospital Medicine
A hospitalist is a member of your healthcare team, a physician who specializes in the practice of hospital medicine. Providing oversight and care of your medical needs during you inpatient hospital stay, the Hospitalist works with your physician to provide admission through discharge continuity of medical services and care throughout your inpatient experience, preparing you to smoothly transition to your own physician’s care in the outpatient setting. The role of the hospital includes
- Prompt and complete attention to all your patient care needs including diagnosis, treatment and the performance of medical procedures (within their scope of practice).
- Employing quality and process improvement techniques
- Collaboration, communication and coordination with all physicians and healthcare personnel caring for hospitalized patients
- Safe transitioning of patient care within the hospital, and from the hospital to the community, which may include the transition of care to a post-acute care facilities.
- Efficient use of hospital and healthcare resources
Our hospitalists are on-site all day and night, 7 days a week.