I-CARE Ambassadors are Brooks employees who have been recognized among their peers for demonstrating the I-CARE (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Empathy) values throughout the past year. Considered role models, they have performed ordinary work extraordinarily well, and have demonstrated acts of extraordinary performance within the context of the ICARE values.
Our Core Values
Our hospital emerged in 1898 through the generosity of the Brooks family based on values of compassion, service and commitment to the healthcare needs of this community. We continue that tradition to this day by embracing our I-CARE values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. These values also guide our interactions and decision-making process at all levels within the organization.
Our Actions Are Guided by Our Ethical Commitments
- In public interactions and private actions, we dedicate ourselves to service in the best interests of our patients, their families, our hospital and our community.
- When we recognize something seems wrong, inappropriate or inconsistent with our values/standards, we proactively speak up & take positive action.
- We follow through on our commitments, holding ourselves accountable to fulfill professional obligations.
- We act with openness, honesty, transparency and trustworthiness in our communication.
- At all times we respect the dignity, privacy & confidentiality of those we serve.
We Provide Excellence with Personal Kindness
- With understanding and empathy, we anticipate the needs of others and act to appropriately and meaningfully meet these needs.
- Our interactions are characterized by respect, courtesy, warmth and professional dignity.
- By actively listening to the perspectives, values and needs of others, we act to build bridges toward wholeness.
- We maintain an engaged, focused and personal presence while in service to others, creating and sustaining a therapeutic milieu.
We Take Responsibility for Personal & Team Actions
- We fully adopt and embrace our core professional identity as those whose talents are placed in the service of others for their benefit.
- In our appearance, demeanor and deportment we continuously seek to convey a professional image.
- In all our interactions we demonstrate the highest professional standards of ethics, knowledge, skill & competence in decision-making & work performance.
- We approach challenges in a manner that reflects professional maturity, confidence and respect.
We Advocate for the Dignity of Others
- In our behavior toward others, we demonstrate respect for the personal autonomy, intrinsic dignity and worth, and individual uniqueness of each person we serve, and those with whom we serve.
- We demonstrate our consideration for others by regarding with empathy the feelings and needs of others, & regarding with insight the effect on others of our own behavior.
- We value the rich diversity of personal experience, cultural insight, professional identity and training in achieving collaborative goals.
- We actively seek out opportunities to demonstrate our regard and appreciation for others.
Commitment to Quality, Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- We continuously challenge the status quo in the relentless pursuit of excellence.
- Each of us demonstrates a personal commitment to the highest standards of safety, quality and service.
- We utilize quantitative and qualitative information to form the basis for measurable and demonstrable improvements in outcomes.
- Individually, and as high performing teams, we conscientiously work to better our best on a daily basis.
- We actively embrace change in the continuous pursuit of innovation and superior care.
Kinds Of Research
– QUALITY STAFF –
Team of Professionals
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.